Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tutorial: On the Go Travel Makeup




Hello all! I'm sorry it's been a few days. I am currently at a convention in New Orleans, LA! :) I wanted to take a few minutes in my down time to post about some ideas for travel makeup.

I often sit for a long time considering what to take on vacations/trips with me as far as my makeup goes. You don't want to pack too much or worry about wasting too much time on putting your face on. You are supposed to enjoy your travels after all!

So here is a quick rundown of what I took with me to New Orleans:

Foundation:
- L'Oreal True Match Foundation in W3



Blush/Bronzer:
- e.l.f. Healthy Glow Bronzer - Sunkissed


Powder:
-Cover Girl Clean Face Powder - Translucent Light

Eyebrows:
- NYC Brow Liner in Dark Blonde




Eyeshadows:
- Avon Truecolor Quad - Mocha Latte
- Wet N Wild Color Icon 8 Pan - Petal Pusher


Eyeliner:
- e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner - Black


Mascara:
- Neutrogena Healthy Lash Waterproof Mascara - Carbon Black


Lips:
- Essence Lip Liner - Soft Rose
- NYC Lip Gloss - Brighton Beach Peach
- Lipsmackers Naturals Chapstick - Cucumber Melon

Tools:
- One Eyeshadow brush (actually a paintbrush from A.C. Moore)
- One Eyeliner brush from the e.l.f. cream liner
- One e.l.f. Blush Brush for bronzer and powder


The key was taking the minimum without sacrificing a look. I chose to skip the concealer and stick with just bringing foundation and powder. For any boo-boos that I would conceal I just took more foundation and tapped it over that area for a fuller coverage. I set with powder and topped with bronzer.

For the eyes, I brought two shadow sets to go between depending on what I wore. The key here was to bring compact palettes instead of a bunch of singles. I chose the Mocha Latte browns as a light, neutral look for around town and during the presentations. The Petal Pusher purple palette (woah, alliteration) was used for evenings out and to match with a majority of the clothing I brought along with me. All shadow was applied with a paintbrush (a Maxine's Mop). I lined my eyes with cream liner and set with one of the darker shadows from the palettes.

Of course I had to bring a pencil brow liner or I'd look strange! :)

I stuck to light colors for the lips ans skipped the lipstick. I just used a simple pink liner and peachy gloss. And of COURSE I brought chapstick for walks around town.

Everything you travel with should fit in one small makeup bag like the Modela one I posted up top. You can get some cute travel bags from Walmart or Target. Also, don't forget to put liquid makeup in a quart size bag for security if you're flying (or check it all). I try not to check a bag, and I pack very light so I just brought a duffel bag and a bookbag. :)

Happy and beautiful travels,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment