Friday, November 11, 2011

My Skincare Routine



Oh Goodness I'm so slow with the blog updates! My apologies!

So as the video points out, I have trouble skin so my skincare routine is incredibly important to me. I am constantly fighting acne, discoloration, dryness, excessive oil and large pores. Thankfully my camera is so low-def that I almost look normal! :)

So here is what I usually use and do:


Olay Professionals ProX Clear


My standard is a 3-step routine by Olay Professionals ProX Clear.
I use the facial cleanser twice a day (when I wake up and when I shower at night)
The treatment gel (more like a lotion) I use at night before bed
The lotion I use twice a day (under my makeup and then at night after using the treatment gel).

Retails: $47.00 for the starter kit
I purchased mine from Walmart


St Ives Apricot Scrub


Twice a week I will use the St. Ives scrub in small circular motions, concentrating on areas with large pores.

Retails: $3.50
Bought from Walmart



Avon Genics Treatment Cream


Three to four times a week (especially in cold, dry weather) I will use the Avon Genics cream. This has the consistency of a body butter and smells yummy. When I use this I concentrate on the eye and neck area because of its anti-aging qualities.

Retails: $35.00
Bought from http://www.youravon.com/mtucker

Avon Regenerist Flash Facial



I use this serum a few times a month. It is very concentrated and has a smooth texture. There is some shimmer to it when you apply it. This helps with pigmentation, resurfacing and pores.
Bought from http://www.youravon.com/mtucker


Avon Clearskin Pore Scrub


The last thing I use twice a week which I did not mention in the video is my Avon Clearskin Pore Scrub. I love the minty tingle this leaves your skin when you use it! I didn't put this in the video because I had run out and just reordered more. So the St. Ives is a stand in. You can use either, but I would not suggest using scrubs more than a few times a week. You don't want to rub your skin raw!

Retails: $6.49 (sometimes on sale for buy one get one)
Bought from http://www.youravon.com/mtucker


I hope that is a solid review for anyone wanting to try these products. Use what works for you and sometimes it takes a while to find that! My YouTube friend,and guru, Samantha Schuerman did a review recently on her channel for "Friday Favorites and Fudgeroos." Check it out! It's the Acne.org Treatment from www.danielkern.com. I'm interested in trying that out so I might review that in the future as well!


Cheers!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment