Monday, November 21, 2011

Makeup Tutorial: Plum Crazy Purples



Hello darlings! So today I wanted to show off a tutorial for purples! I've been on sort of a purple kick lately with my wardrobe and with makeup, so I figured I'd embrace it. :) Here's what I did:




Step 1: Put lotion on your face or a primer. Apply foundation as usual and concealer for eyes and any boo-boos. Set with powder.

Step 2: Bronze the hollows of your cheeks as well as the sides of the nose and down the neck. Next, smile and add a blush of choice to the apples of your cheeks.

Step 3: Prime your eyelids for shadow. I used the Cover Girl Shadowblast Primer in 800.

Step 4: Work a dark crease color into the outer corner and crease, blending up slightly. I'm using the dark maroonish purple with glitter from the Wet N Wild Petal Pusher Palette. I used an Essence Smokey Eye brush to apply


Step 5: Find a mid tone color for the lid. I'm using a medium purple with blue undertones also from the Wet N Wild palette. I'm using an Elf Eyeshadow Brush to apply using short feathering strokes. Work it into the crease to blend.


Step 6: Now find a highlight color for the inner corner and blending above the crease. I used a petal pinkish mauve from the Wet N Wild palette. Using a blending brush I applied it to the inner corner and up onto the lower brow bone, mixing with the initial crease color to soften the edges. I also used an Essence highlight color called "Dance all Night" to apply to the tear duct and the highest point of the brow bone.


Step 7: Line your eyes. You can use any type of liner you want. I settled for an Elf Cream Liner in Midnight. Using an angled 1/8th paintbrush and small strokes I lined the eye at the lash line and drew a small wing on the outer edges. I set the color with a dark shadow


Step 8: Curl your lashes and add mascara. I love the Cover Girl Lashblast Volume Waterproof mascara in "Very Black." Voila! The eyes are done!


Step 9: On to the lips! I chose to use just a simple lipstain and gloss for the day being that I was heading out the door! If I had more time I would take the time to line the lips and add lipstick. But for the day I used NYC 16H Lipstain in "Persistent Pink" all over the lip, building until I found the pink I preferred. I then went over the color with Essence XXL Lipgloss in "Rising Star." This is a beautiful pink pearl color that when light hits it, it looks like a light plum.

Smooches! You are done! :) And you look amazing!


Where I got the products...
- CVS for the Wet N Wild Palette ($4.99) and Cover Girl Shadowblast Primer ($5.99 on sale)
- Walmart for the Cover Girl Mascara (around $6.00) and NYC Lipstain ($4.99)
- www.eyeslipsface.com for the Elf Cream Liner ($3.00), Eyeshadow Brush ($1.00)
- Michael's for the angled paintbrush ($2.99)
- Ulta (www.ulta.com) for the Essence products and brushes- Smokey Eye brush ($1.99), Lipgloss ($2.99), Highlight ($1.99)


Cheers,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment